big big ear

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

recovery partition table

Tomorrow I install a new linux os in a empty disk, but i forgot to pull out my usb ide disk. Then suse10 delete the usb disk's partition. After that I tried to recovery my partition table. on google, most ones suggest to use EasyRecovery or DiskGinus or NDD, I tried them.
  • NDD can not detect NTFS partition.
  • DiskGinus can only run in start-up floppy. perhaps it can not recovery usb's ntfs partition.
  • EasyRecovery is good, it recreate my partition table, and can help me recovery all my files and other files i have deleted ^-#. It is very safe because it only create a virtual partition table in memory and donot write it to disk. But my disk is almost pure good, i have not wrote any data to it. So I would not spend much time in recovery my data to other disk, i only want to recreate my ntfs partition, but do not erast my data. so after i recovery serval importest files, i'm looking for other suitful tools.
  • I found Partition Table Doctor. It is just what i wanted, it quickly search partion table info, and recreate them in a few seconds. and my usb disk works as before,ohh. So if your partition data are not overwrited, Partition Table Doctor is the best choice. But before it, use EasyRecovery to recovery your very import files is necessary.

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I don't know how else to try and contact you...

I am writing about your Firefox extension, "Speak It" (version 0.2.0.2, released on Oct 22, 2006). It works well.

Any possibility of another update so that it would also work with Thunderbird? Thanks much.

Laurence

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Bobcat said...

Hi Shannon,

I too am interested in contacting you regarding your SpeakIt Firefox extension. Have you tried any Cepstral voices? (www.cepstral.com/downloads) I have Cepstral David and he sounds awesome.

You should consider joining their affiliate program and get paid for sending traffic. It would be a win-win for everyone.

-Craig

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Rudy said...

Hi there,
Could you please give me a link to download DiskGinus. I cannot find it...
ty

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi S
Do you know why only Microsoft Sams voice works on my SpeakIt. I even downloaded some of those Cepstral voices. They come on my list, yet alas, only MSSam can speak it.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi shannon,
I would know is it possible to use to italian voice sapi4?
Can you give me any informations regarding your speakit?

that's very important.
thank you very much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home